The weblog of Darren Friesen

Friday, October 06, 2006

Off for the weekend

Been a while again. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still alive. My wife is gone for a few days, and me 'n' the kids are off to my parents in Swift Current for a weekend of food and merriment.

My heart deal is the same. I am still waiting for a TransEsophageal Echo. Once that happens, the surgeons will have the information they need to do the operation. My hope is that the delay means they are not overly concerned, and not that they forgot.

Work at the chaplaincy has been good in some ways, and tough in others. Politics always seems to get in the way, and I am dealing with a little of that right now. I also find that the stories I hear - most of which are tragic - are becoming more difficult to listen to. They exhaust me, especially when I have a day of them. I know that this is my job, and that's cool. But it does tend to wear on a guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home