Lost has been happening in the last few weeks, and life seems to just gain momentum. Here's a few highlights.
1. Going to Edmonton this weekend for a conference. I went last year, and some of it was disappointing, but I am looking forward to a day listeing to Erwin McManus talk about leadership. I need all the help I can get.
2. Played guitar for the weekend services two weekends ago for the first time since I started here (almost 4 years). It was fun to get back at it a bit, as I used to play a few times a week for different services.
3. As part of the 'River' mentoring progran that we started last fall, we are leading the "River People" (as they have become known) in the Lenten season. There are services every week, and the Holy week is especially full. I don't kow a lot about Lent, but we'll be learning together. If any of you have any tips/ideas, please let me know.
4. Every spring we have "Creativity Week" at the church. It is one way we want to make the arts more visible to people who people who usually don't put art and God together. This year we are having Gerald Folkerts from Winnipeg come out to show his work and do a seminar on Spirituality and art. I thinit's gonna be great. If any of you are in the Saskatoon area, we'd love for you to come. Check back here for details.
5. I also have the chance to take in a class in March called "Screening Scripture". It looks a the portrayal of biblical themes in film ove ther last 100 years, and is held at Briercrest College a the beginning of March. It seems I'm becoming more of a movie freak, and am really looking forward to this.
For my first post in a while, that's all there is. I actually typed all of this already, and then it got 'lost'. I hate that.