The weblog of Darren Friesen

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Health Update


There are many of you that I haven't met before, and I'd like to fill you in on some changes in my life.
I have had a heart murmur for my whole life. I found out about it when I was 21, and thought that, as many others who have one, it wouldn't affect me in any grave way.
That however, is not my fate. About a month ago I found out that it has gotten worse, and I will require open-heart surgery in the near future. The operation has a very high sucess rate, so I am not really fearful for my life, but it is a big deal. You can read about what will be happening here.
I need to have one more test to get all the information the surgeons need before we can proceed, and I don't have any dagtes or guesses as to when this all will take place. I had originally hoped to have the operation done before Christmas, but there is no sign of that yet.
I would appreicate your prayers over this, for myself and my family.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Wow that's a big deal. Nevada and I will for sure pray about that. The world needs to have people like you in it...

1:30 PM

 
Blogger Steve said...

Darren! This is the first time I have read your blog, and here is the news I get! Jacqui and I will surely keep you in our prayers. I miss you man ...

10:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is the surgery, do you know yet?

10:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home