The weblog of Darren Friesen

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Quote from Mark Heard

When asked what legacy he would like his art to leave, Mark says simply: "I think that all the mystery in the world, all the wonder in the world, all the tears of happiness, all the tears of sadness, all the truth in the world - they have all been rolled up into a big ball and thrown into a hole and boarded up by society. All I'd like to do is just to punch a peep-hole in that, so that somebody walking by might look in.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Clark said...

i hope you'll keep writing, darren. I check in from time to time--love to hear about chaplain job, your thoughts about the moment. those pjs, though...

2:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, the PJs are hilarious.

11:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Darren, glad to see you back...please don't shut down your blog, it has been a source of great hilarity and thoughtfulness for me and I often check to see where you are at. It also gives me a sense of connectedness to a life I left behind a long time ago. I even dug out my old Mark Heard "cassettes" and had a listen and was spiritually inspired in my music and my worship life, so thanks for that. My kid would love the pj's as he is fully into the "pirates and knights with swords" stage.
tracyfromvancouver

2:36 PM

 
Blogger Santosh said...

Hi Darren - we've never met. I grew up in Saskatoon - the last church I went to was Emmanuel Baptist.

Just wanted to say hi - I followed the depression discussion for while. I suffer from clinical depression also and think that the sin/disease corelation is faulty and indefensible from scripture.

blessings,

sn

2:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home