The weblog of Darren Friesen

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Blah Blah Blah

I just thought I'd ramble a little here. I don't do much these days, as I am recovering from open-heart surgery on June 18th. For those who haven't been following, I had my mitral valve replaced. Most of my day focuses on doing my exercises and walking, eating well, and resting. Because of the extent of the anesthetic's work in my body, it takes days or weeks for different parts of my body (i.e. - lungs) to fully awaken. My stamina is down, and my patience doesn't like that too much. I've been watching a lot of TV, not much reading or writing. I had hoped to be able to "use the time wisely", but energy levels are not allowing for that. So I still seem to be waiting, albeit something different than I was waiting for before

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Hey Darren,
Nice that you are at home healing, a moment or two of anxiety with the "quivering" of your heart but glad to hear that meds are working!! Hope you heal completely and quickly, the weather outside is conducive to relaxing in a chair and letting nature take it's course in the healing process.
Stay well, been thinking of you!!

11:34 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll do my famous "healing dance" for you when I drop by Thursday. Although it may be too much for your heart to take.

8:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get the heck better

-davis

12:00 AM

 
Blogger N.D.Fast said...

There is nothing 'unwise' about watching lots of t.v. all day. Especially if its day time t.v., like Dr.Phil. He is SO smart!

10:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Darren,
Your June 12 email remains in my 'in' box. I keep thinking I'll reply sometime and then I get so dang busy with stuff that I postpone again ...
Now it's September 18. I'm trusting you're feeling stronger - strong enough to come to Winnipeg to take in some Invisible Dignity stuff? check out the website; benefit concert with Steve B, Carolyn and Bob on Sept 29. Now, THAT would be worth the trip.
peace and sterke (that's Dutch for 'strength'!
Gerald

9:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home