The weblog of Darren Friesen

Monday, June 11, 2007

I may have to die on this hill...

I heard some disturbing news a few days ago. Apparently there is a song climbing the country charts that is called "I Wanna Check You for Tics". Here's an example of the lyrics:

Every time you take a sip
In this smoky atmosphere
You press that bottle to your lips
And I wish I was your beer
In the small there of your back
Your jeans are playing peekaboo
I'd like to see the other half of your butterfly tattoo.

Cause I'd like to see you out in the moonlight
I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks
I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers
And I'd like to check you for ticks.

Now I am sure that there are some out there that love country music, and may even love this song. I don't mean to offend, but this is just BAD songwriting. I don't care if the tune is catchy. I just had to say this out loud: I rally do not like country music, and this song shows why.

1 Comments:

Blogger N.D.Fast said...

Dont worry Darren, if its any consolation, it's been scientifically proven that you do not actually NEED a reason to dislike country twang.

If you are really searching though, Toby Keith more than satisfies that need....

And on that note, if you need something to entertain yourself while you are recovering from surgery, Mr.Keith was an interview guest on the Colbert Report. Warning for you though, it will probably make you laugh, which is not the best idea after surgery has been performed on your chest.

(Its also better have a tick up the ass than country music in the ear - Confuscius)

2:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home