The weblog of Darren Friesen

Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Latest on the Heart Saga

So I had a little glitch in recovery yesterday. I had an appointment scheduled with my GP yesterday, and that got stretched into a 24 hour stay in emerg. The blood thinner has not been kicking in as expected, and that puts me at risk for clots, which can lead to a stroke. My GP, being the thorough guy he is, did a bunch of tests and the sent me to the hospital for more tests. My warfarin was too low, so they hooked me up with some IV to get the ball rolling. I was also experiencing afribulation (sp?), which means that my upper heart chambers were quivering instead of pumping. This is often a problem with valve replacement, but one that can be fixed relatively easily with medication. Needless to say, it is always a little scary when these things come up, but they are not out-of-the-ordinary. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. I am back home and getting back into my slow routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home