The weblog of Darren Friesen

Thursday, September 08, 2005

4 days in.

Just an update about my new job. In a word...overwhelming. I've visited the psych. center in Saskatoon, as well asn introduced myself to the parole board, whom I will be working alongside. I've also gone through a lot of the old files left in my office, and am chucking 99% of them. There is so much that I could possibly do, so many places where I could put my energy, and it will take a while to gather all the information and then let things shake down so I know where I'm at.

Many of you have been very encouraging in your words, and I thank you for that. I only hope that your prayers and belief in me will prove to be true. Tomorrow I go to Prince Albert to meet people at the Federal Pen., and meet some of the chaplains there. It will be a full day.

On another note, I am a bit of a tennis fan, and I especially cheer for Andre Agassi. He's only a little younger than me, and he seems to be one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I've been watching him for 20 years, ansd seen him change and grow in his attitude and the way he apporaches anything he does. He is inspiring and very humble. Tonight he beat youngster James Blake in one of the best matches I've ever seen. Coming back from two sets down, he won a 5th set tie-breaker 3-6, 3-6, 6-3, 6-3, 7-6 (7-5). A great win for the old guy. He was asked whether he had ever doubted that he could come back and win, and I loved his answer.

"I question myself every day. That's what I still find motivating about this. I don't have the answers, I don't pretend that I do just because I won the match. Just keep fighting and maybe something good happens."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home