The weblog of Darren Friesen

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Update from the Unemployed guy

and aunt are missionaries there, and will be retiring in a couple of years, so this is the last chance my parents had to visot and Just to let you know that I'm still alive and kicking. My friend is doing much better. Honesty and freedom cannot be overrated.
Other than that, my personal life is not too exciting. My family and I are going camping for a few days to a lake near Saskatoon. My parents spent their first full day in Germany today. My uncle and aunt are missionaries there, and this is the last chance mom and dad had to visit and see a little bit of the world. I have to admit I'm more than a little jealous. They are travelling with my two world-wise, world travelling aunts, so I know they are in good hands.

I am starting to count down the days until I start work again. I'm getting a little antsy to dig into something, adn it looks like I'll have lots to keep me busy and learning. Corrections, parole office, MCC, halfway houses, penitentiaries, lots of new worlds to explore.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darren,
So glad to hear about your new job! I think you will be an incredible chaplain - what an exciting/challenging/ opportunity for you. Say hi to your lovely wife and hope to see you guys soon - maybe in Hamilton some day? We have lots of ex-cons here who need chaplaining (i made that word up!)

Joanne

7:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home