The weblog of Darren Friesen

Monday, September 27, 2004

Thoughts on the Day

I had coffee with my friend Nancy this morning and that is always good. She sees me in a different way and always challenges and encourages me. One of the things we talked aboutwas the role of scripture in my life these days. I hear a lot of people taking about their feelings of love and wonderment when reading the bible, and to be honest, I just don't have that. I wish I did at times, but it's not there. that may be because I have been around the bible my whole life, and have seen it as more of a textbook that a source of personal inspiration.
One of the challenges Nancy threw at me was to build my own canon of what brings God's truths to me. I like the idea of that, so I hope to have a list at the side of my blog that holds my canon of God's truth to me in fim, music, literature, and art. Feel free to comment as the list forms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home