The weblog of Darren Friesen

Friday, February 25, 2005

Time for some bigger news...

I've needed to blog for the last couple of days, but have put it off until now. On Tuesday morning I was let go from my position at Lakeview Church. I didn't see it coming at all, and they said it wasn't because my job performance, which I believe. It's been a surreal, shocking experience, but God has given Sherryl and I a measure of peace through it all. My friend and admin. assistant Cathy Johnson was also let go, and she is handling it gracioiusly. We worked together a lot, and there will be a big hole to fill with her gone. I think I'm mostly sad right now; sad for the church and for the people left behind by this move. I really love the people I worked with; they made it easy to come to work in the morning.
I'll write more later. If you have any questions/comments, I'd love to hear from you.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

I'm sorry Darren. I'll pray.

10:18 PM

 
Blogger the E's said...

hang in there... our prayers are with you down in louisiana

11:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear it Darren, surprises like are tough to take. I pray that you'll have trust in the days to come.

9:16 AM

 
Blogger Sherri said...

I'm sorry that you and your family are having to go through this. I know it sounds like a platitude, but God will bring good from this...perhaps it's not so much about being let go from there as being called to something else. You and your family are in my prayers.

10:33 AM

 
Blogger Greg Silver said...

Think of this as an opportunity. You'll probably be able to do more ministry where you are now than you ever were before in the church. God bless you man!

7:03 PM

 
Blogger Adam said...

there's just one road we travel

this is a good thing Darren

looking forward to seeing your next move

6:46 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

With one door closing, another opens.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

8:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home